Cant Find what you are looking for?

Custom Search

Police Clearance

>> Sunday, November 29, 2009


Part of your requirement for your application for Permanent Residents Visa application are Police Clearances/Criminal Checks.

Both from your current country of residence as well as countries where you have stayed for 6 months or more.

Police Clarence vary in form in each country of territory and may be called police clearance certificates, good conduct certificates, judicial record extracts, etc. Security checks, also known as police certificates, are required to determine if applicants have a criminal record. They also help visa officers make sure applicants are not a security risk to Canada.

In the Philippines applicants for Permanent Residents Visa will be required to secure an NBI Clearance in the second stage of the application process. To obtain an NBI clearance you may check the frequently asked questions page of the NBI website (click on the link).

If you are currently working abroad please click on the following link to find out how you can satisfy this requirement:

NBI Clearance from Abroad

In you are currently working abroad; has experience in working abroad; stayed abroad as a tourist for more than 6 months, you will also be required to obtain a separate Police Clearance from said Country.

To find out how to obtain a police clearance for said experience please visit the website of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada by clicking on the following link:

Obtaining Police Clearance

One of the basic problems encountered during this stage is that the Police clearance is only available for current residents or those who are still in contract working either as a worker or a permanent resident.

If you are a Filipino applicant currently residing in the Philippines and is being asked for a Police Clearance by the Canadian Visa Office in Manila, for your experience in working in another country in the past, you may seek the help of Office of the Undersecretary for Migrant and Workers Affairs (OUMWA).

Go to the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila. OUMWA will help you get the Police Clearance. The process may take 30-60 days.

If you are new here and you liked this post, you may want to subscribe via email to receive updates. Enter your email address here and click Subscribe button::

Related Posts by Categories

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book


Post a Comment


Blogarama - The Blog Directory, Travel Blogs,Travel Blog Directory, Bloghints, - Listed (add your blog to

Free Assessment and Orientation!

Visit our office forone on one orientation:


Canadian Immigration Consultancy Ground Floor, 3rd Floor Northlink Building, SM North Edsa, Quezon City

Assessment Fee: P500.00

Author Contact Info

Author Jay Enrique A. Araneta Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines Senior Consultant Canadian Immigration Consultancy, International Sales Director, International Job Recruitment Agency, Inc. You may email the author at Canadian Immigration Consultancy Main Office: Ground Floor, Uniwide Coastal Mall, Tambo Paranaque City Telephone Number: 240 6500 loc. 8407 Privacy Policy

Canada News Centre - National News

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP